233.2 today for a September average of 234.6 so only a couple 10ths of a pound more is needed to round my average down to 234 which would be a 4lb drop from August. I’ll take that 🙂
From the 20th of this month until the 18th of next month there are 4 half marathons and one 5K on the books with a strong possibility for another double half marathon weekend. I’m not sure I realized the upcoming intensity but here’s what we’ve got
- 09/20 – US Navy/AirForce Half Marathon, Washington DC
- 09/27 – Chicago Half Marathon, Chicago, IL
- 10/10 – Brooklyn Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Brooklyn, NY
- 10/11 – Shades of Death Half Marathon, Allamuchy, NJ
- 10/17 – St Louis Rock n Roll 5K, St Louis, MO
- 10/18 – St Louis Rock n Roll Half Marathon, St Louis, MO
I’m registered for all those runs except the Shades of Death Half.
Another interesting run coming up in November is a 5K on Thanksgiving morning which has a Clydesdale Division for runners who weigh 220 lbs and over. There’s a good chance I’ll be below 230 by that run and according to a chart from Runner’s World the extra weight drop will help my speed.
As of yesterday my Run Streak was at 71 days, on Thanksgiving I’ll be on day 149 so that’s over double the streak running and I’ve also added weekly Tempo Runs and Speedwork to my running routine.
From what I’ve read an average elite runner is around 130 lbs and I’ll never weigh that little so I’m kind of excited about a chance to be competitive against people of similar weight 🙂