“What gets measured gets managed”
AND – when you have a financial incentive you can help increase your odds of losing weight by a factor of 5! Which, is a great reason to click on my HealthyWage badge below which also doubles as my referral link to help you take a significant step in managing your weight as well as giving me an extra $20 towards my final Jackpot! (link opens in new window) Plus, 10% of the winnings go to help fight ALS (via www.alsa.org)
This week, we find ourselves at the lowest weight of the year so far, 267.2 pounds. That’s a 5.6 pound drop over last week which can be typical following a week where the weight has gone up. That 267 lb weight has been pretty stable and is exactly what I weighed the day before this week’s weigh-in. Today (Friday, 3/13) I actually weighed in at 256.8 lbs which is good since I need to be at 264 next week and down to 260 the week after that.
As you may have noticed above, my official HealthyWage prize banner has changed from it’s original $2036.00 base prize to a new total of $2096.00 because I’ve had 3 people click on my link and sign up which has added $60 to my potential prize.
2015 Running Preview –
I still need to finish up Part II of my running preview for the runs I have scheduled for this year – logistically, this blog is a godsend in terms of helping me keep everything straight. Current list is as follows;
- Saturday 3/14 – St Pats 5M Run. – REGISTERED
- Saturday 3/21 – McKendree 5K – REGISTERED
- Saturday 3/28 – Bridge & Dam 10K – REGISTERED
- Saturday 4/4 – Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon – REGISTERED
- Sunday 4/12 – 15th Annual GO! St Louis 1/2 Marathon – REGISTERED
- Sunday 6/21 – Go! St Louis All American 5k – REGISTERED
- Saturday 6/27 – Macklind Mile – REGISTERED
- Sunday 6/28 – Pride 5K – REGISTERED
- Friday 7/10 – Tour de Belleville – registration not yet available
- Saturday 7/11 – Tour de Donut – REGISTERED
- Saturday 8/8 – Moonlight Ramble – registration not yet available
- Sunday 9/20 – US Navy/AirForce 1/2 Marathon – REGISTERED
- Saturday 10/17 – RnR 5K Spinning Medal – REGISTERED
- Sunday 10/18 – Rock n Roll St Louis 1/2 Marathon – REGISTERED
- Saturday 10/24 – 5K Monster Dash – reg not avail. pending.
- Sunday 11/1 – SLTC’s St Louis 1/2 Marathon – reg not available
- Virtual Run – Race with Reason – 500 Miles in 2015 for Fighter Medal
The Macklind Mile registration became available so I got signed up for that so I only have two bike rides and two more runs where registration is not available. I’m not sure if the 5K Monster Dash will be an option unless it’s held a week earlier due to scheduling conflicts with my Part IV board reviews. The SLTC 1/2 is the longest running 1/2 marathon in St Louis and I wouldn’t mind doing that again.
Mainly, I’ve been looking at more runs – a few notable mentions would be the Country Music Marathon in Nashville TN. As a single race, it’s very pricey with a current going rate of $125 and that’s a bit to wrap my head around. However, the Rock n Roll series has what’s known as a Tour Pass available for $199 that entitles a person to run in any 3 Rock n Roll events. There is also an extra fee which brings that price closer to $210 but that still comes out to about $70 per run which is easier to swallow than $125.
However – getting that Tour Pass also opens up the option of partaking in two additional RnR 1/2’s this year and in addition to Nashville, I may opt or the Chicago 1/2 which also features the Remix Challenge which means I can run a 5K the day before the half, as well as the 1/2 the next day – this gives participants a total of 3 medals. One for each of the races as well as the bonus Spinning Medal showing you ran in the back to back races.
For me – the third RnR would only be second to the Washington DC 1/2 marathon I’m already signed up for because RnR #3 would be the Inaugural Run of the Brooklyn, New York 1/2 on October 10th, 2015. General registration for the run begins March 16 but, as a pass holder I could sign up early. It even has a special $55 early entry fee. (which also makes me wonder if using my Tour Pass for this run would be prudent….)
But – I’ve never been to New York before except for flying into the airport once – I’ve never seen the city. From what I’ve learned the Brooklyn Bridge crosses right over into Manhattan – another place I’ve never seen before 🙂
Most likely – I’ll sign up then figure out how to get there afterwards… 🙂